Friday, October 18, 2013

L'hopital - Day 2

Pretty view out the window this morning from the old 6th floor bed tower
After waiting over a day for a room to become available, I was finally admitted to the hospital last night (Thursday night.) I was feeling anxious on the way here. After all of my steadfast determination, the rubber was finally hitting the road...

I got my first dose of Colistin at 9pm - lucky for me that is when the Project Runway season finale started so I had that to look forward to and distract me. Have not had any reactions to it so far.

I let them give me a heparin shot last night - I figured it was probably a good idea since I am more disposed to getting blood clots having had one when I got my port three years ago. I was surprised that it barely hurt. However, this morning I woke up with a bump and a gigantic nasty bruise on the back of my arm. I have negotiated to instead of heparin doing the stocking foot pump thing while I am in bed.

I noticed as soon as I woke up this morning that stuff seemed to be moving in my chest. Could one dose of the antibiotic be doing that? Seemed a little crazy fast but not, my doctor said, impossible. I continued to cough up a bunch of crap during the morning and afternoon which was awesome. I haven't felt that was starting IVs since I can remember. So I definitely feel the Colistin is working/helping me and I can only hope that my kidneys will hold out.

After a nap, I rode about 30 minutes on the exercise bike in my room. It's pretty rickety but certainly better than nothing. Then my good friend came to visit - brought me hibachi chicken for dinner - and we had a good talk.

Signing off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment