Sunday, August 21, 2011

Figuring it out

Allergy testing

My goal for last weekend was to chill, chill, chill. And chill I did. It felt strange, but was very nice. :) Finished a book, napped, went to a movie, caught up on my trashy TV. I need to do that more often.

This week has, as usual, been go-go-go. The highlight of the week, appointment wise, was my allergy re-testing on Wednesday. We tested all 108 (a very auspicious number, no?) environmental and food allergens, and the only things I was allergic to was ragweed and...cats. Sadly. This is actually amazing, though, because when I was first tested in 2007 I was allergic to - seriously - the large majority of environmental allergens that we tested. This means that the allergy shots have been doing their job. Yay! We are going to beef up my serum for cats and ragweed and hope that will help me be able to cut back on my Prednisone dosage, which is now 10 mg per day.

My leg has continued to be bothersome and painful at times. My PT has been going along well but also feels like a bit of a crapshoot. I mean, on Saturday, after I've been going there for a month already, the therapist says to me, "I'm still trying to figure out just what's going on here." I know I have only seen her three times, but really?!? I go through 30 mins of 20-questions -"does this hurt?" "what is your pain level for this?" "if you do this, is it better or worse?" - I walk out feeling a bit better, but wondering why in the world it takes that much maneuvering just to feel a little bit better. It just doesn't seem fair. Actually, I am really frustrated and I hate it right now.

Onto merrier things: this weekend, our friend started refinishing our deck. So far, awesome! Can't wait to see the final result. Last night, Todd took me to a concert of a band he saw a bunch of times in the 90s but who hasn't played for a long time and I really enjoyed it. Today, Elaine and I made soap, working around her upstairs which has been inundated with stuff from her basement which flooded two weeks ago. It was good to make soap after so long of a break. Had some really cool ideas today. I'm lately feeling like such the 'ideas' person lately, and it is a role which I really like.

Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment