Sunday, June 5, 2011

Friends are the greatest

My friends Jacqueline and Brian and me, circa 2003

This has been a week of catching up with friends. Wednesday night, I had dinner with my friends Jacqueline and Amy. I hadn't sat down with Jacqueline in probably three years so it was really nice. Thursday, I had my friend Jeff over for dinner. He is always good company. And yesterday, I went out with two of my best female friends (and my two soap partners) Elaine and Maura. These kinds of days are so good for the spirit.

I spent a good bit of time yesterday going shopping for and helping my mom to prepare for her upcoming hip-replacement surgery on Tuesday. I think we both know what a huge thing we have ahead of us, but we are trying to roll with it as much as possible. My mom has gotten to the point where she is in a good bit of pain just walking around the house, so it will definitely be a big change for her to be more mobile again. Lunch out this week and a short shopping trip wore her completely out!

Todd's dad is coming for his second chemo treatment on Monday, just coming to Raleigh for the day. I hope that he continues to not have a difficult time with side effects. He and Todd are leaving for Montana in two weeks. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to be able to join them for part of it. We have had so many expenses this past month, and tickets out there are not cheap. I hate to miss it, but think the best thing for me to do is stay here.

My leg is doing about the same...not very good...although it did get a teeny bit better this week. I managed to get some lidoderm pain patches, but I'm not sure how much good they are doing (yet?) My turtle-paced progress continues to frustrate the hell out of me. And I am now gaining weight from my lessened schedule of exercising and the recent stresses which have made over-consumption sort-of inevitable.

Lastly, we have not for sure decided whether or not this week will be my last week on coumadin or not, but I have a feeling I am going to end up taking it for an additional three months. I am disappointed, but it is not the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment