- My long term disability got approved through my employer. This means I will get 60% of my pay and can keep my insurance paying only the employee contribution for two years. THIS IS A HUGE AND AWESOME DEAL. At that point, I should qualify for Medicare insurance.
Two days after I found out I got approved, the woman called back with the specifics about monthly income. It's so nice to know this - one less question mark. Granted, when I get approved for SSDI, all of this will shift because I cannot get double payment for my monthly payout, but hopefully it won't change things too much.
- Having gotten the official LTD approval, I wanted to go ahead and do something else that has been hanging over my head: let my co-workers officially know (those who weren't already reading this blog!) that I would not be coming back to work. It's a sad milestone, but at the same time good to have over with so that I can move on. I sent out an email and go so many responses back right away of well-wishes and people sad to see me go. I feel very loved. I am absolutely dreading going into work to clean out my office...it's going to be so sad!
- Feeling like I had fallen through the cracks at Duke, I contacted them this week and found out the sticking point: I was in the queue waiting for them to contact my insurance to see what they will pay on my outpatient visit. On Thursday, I found out that Aetna approved my visit and they should be calling me very soon to schedule. Yay!
- After hitting another low with my lungs, we decided to start on IVs again this week. I have honestly never been happier to start on IVs...everything was becoming so hard each day and I felt so limited and frustrated with what I couldn't do. Good news! I have had a very quick response to the antibiotics. My numbers aren't a ton better, but every little bit of improvement I can feel. And my kidneys are doing amazing.
- We finally met with a lawyer today who is going to do our wills and set up our powers of attorney. This has been on our 'to do' list for a long time and it feels good to finally get to it.
- I got my phone interview for SSDI scheduled for the end of April. So one more step down that long, winding road.
Progress!!Photo credits: A Good Week, virginmediapioneers.com; Charlie Brown and Snoopy, why-knot-kwilt.blogspot.com; L, thevword.net